At InvolveAll, we believe that every part of our site, including the adverts, should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience. Therefore, we are committed to protecting our user experience by keeping the site clean, consistent and free from misleading advertising.
The following guidelines apply to all adverts appearing on InvolveAll.
InvolveAll reserves the right to reject or remove advertising that we deem contrary to our advertising philosophy.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time and InvolveAll may waive any of these guidelines at its discretion.
- Advertisers cannot programmatically automate the creation of accounts or adverts unless given permission by InvolveAll to do so.
- Landing pages/destination URL
- Adverts that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
- Adverts must send users to the same landing page when the advert is clicked.
- Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page.
- Landing pages cannot use "fake" close behaviour (ie. when a user clicks the 'close' icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behaviour should result).
- Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behaviour (for example, navigation to another advert or page).
- Adverts cannot require viewers to click on the advert to submit Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone numbers, social security number, physical addresses or email addresses) on the landing page or in the advert, except to enable an ecommerce transaction and where the advert and landing page clearly indicate that a product is being sold.
The following conditions apply to all adverts that have a InvolveAll Page, application, event, group or Connect site as their destination, except as otherwise specifically permitted to those subject to the Branding and Promotion Policy section of the Platform Policies:
- Adverts may make limited references to "InvolveAll" in its title, body or image for the purposes of clarifying the destination of the advert;
- Adverts cannot imply any endorsement of the product, service or advert destination by InvolveAll.
All other adverts, destination adverts and landing pages must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Adverts cannot mention or refer to InvolveAll, its site or its brand in any manner, including in the title, body, image or destination URLs;
- Adverts cannot use InvolveAll logos, trademarks or site terminology (including but not limited to InvolveAll,
- The InvolveAll and other company graphics, logos, designs or icons);
- InvolveAll site features cannot be emulated.
Advert copy and image content
- Adverts must directly relate to the content on the landing page.
- Adverts must clearly represent the company, product or brand that is being advertised. Products or services promoted in the advert must be directly available on the landing page.
- Adverts must not include unsubstantiated claims, including but not limited to prices, discounts or product availability.
- Adverts cannot insult, harass or threaten a user.
- Adverts must not be false, misleading, fraudulent or deceptive.
- Adverts will not be permitted in cases where a business model or practice is deemed unacceptable or contrary to InvolveAll's overall advertising philosophy.
- Adverts, or categories of adverts, which receive a significant amount of negative user feedback or are otherwise deemed in violation of community standards will not be permitted.
Adverts cannot contain, facilitate, promote or reference the following:
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language;
- Obscene, defamatory, libellous, slanderous and/or unlawful content;
- Tobacco products;
- Ammunition, firearms, paintball guns, bb guns or weapons of any kind;
- Gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker without authorization from InvolveAll;
- Scams, illegal activity or chain letters;
- Contests and sweepstakes unless given permission by InvolveAll to do so; if permission is given, you are subject to InvolveAll's Promotions Guidelines;
- Get-rich-quick and other money-making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including "work from home" opportunities positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment or promises of monetary gain with no strings attached;
- Adult content, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual or provocative images in violation of community standards;
- Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis;
- Adult toys, videos or other adult products;
- Uncertified pharmaceutical products;
- Spy cams or surveillance equipment;
- Web-based non-accredited colleges that offer degrees;
- Inflammatory religious content;
- Politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities;
- Content that exploits political agendas or uses "hot button" issues for commercial use regardless of whether the advertiser has a political agenda;
- Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or language of such individual or group;
- Content that advocates against any organization, person or group of people, with the exception of candidates running for public office;
- Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way.
Refusal of adverts
We may refuse adverts at any time for any reason, including our determination that they promote competing products or services, or negatively affect our business or relationship with our users.
Data and privacy
You may not give data you receive from us to any third party, including advertising networks.
Adverts with adult themes, including contraception, sex education and health conditions must be targeted to individuals at least 18 years old. Platform adverts should do this via demographic restrictions, not by obtaining user data.
Adverts for dating sites, services or related content must follow these targeting criteria:
- the Relationship Status targeting parameter must be utilized and set to Single;
- the Sex targeting parameter must be utilized and a single value of Male or Female must be selected;
- The age targeting parameter must be utilized and the age range selected must start at least at 18 years old;
- the Interested In targeting parameter must be utilized and a single value of either Men or Women must be selected.
Prices, discounts and free offers
Adverts cannot be deceptive or fraudulent about any offer made. If an advert includes a price, discount or 'free' offer,
- the destination URL for the advert must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the advert has displayed;
- The advert must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
- The advertisement of Subscription Services must comply with the conditions noted below and as determined by InvolveAll in its sole discretion.
- "Subscription Services" may include sites that promote downloading ringtones, games or other entertainment services or any site that induces a user to sign up for recurring billing of a product or service.
- The advert must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer. If the user must subscribe to a service, the service and offer requirements must both be stated in the advert.
- The recurring subscription must be consistent with what is promoted in the advert copy.
- At a minimum, the promoted website must clearly and accurately display the price and billing interval (such as per week or once per month) on the landing page as well as any page that prompts a user for Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone number, National Insurance number, physical addresses or email addresses) or billing information (including, but not limited to, mobile phone number or credit card number).
- If users sign up for the service by transmitting a code by text message, the price and billing interval must be clearly and prominently displayed beside the code.
- If the service is a subscription, the website must provide a prominent opt-in checkbox or other clear mechanism indicating that the user knowingly accepts the price and subscription service.
- This should be on the first page where the user enters personal data, and the user should not be able to proceed without opting in.
- All of the foregoing items should be located in a prominent place on your webpage, as determined by InvolveAll in its sole discretion, and should be easy to find, read and understand.
Adverts for alcoholic beverages
To the extent permitted by law and these guidelines, adverts may only be targeted to the following age groups:
- 25 years or older in India and Sweden;
- 21 years or older in Cameroon, Micronesia, Palau, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka and the US;
- 20 years or older in Japan, Iceland and Paraguay;
- 19 years or older in Canada, Korea and Nicaragua; or 18 years or older in any other country (excluding those countries specified in Section 11.b below). Please note the country specific provisions in Finland and Poland in Sections 11.d.xiii and 11.d.xiv below.You may not target alcohol adverts to any users (irrespective of age) in Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen or any other market where such adverts are prohibited.
You must ensure that your adverts:
- Are age and country targeted (where a user's age or country cannot be determined, the advert cannot be displayed to the user in question);
- Comply with all applicable local laws and required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals including, without limitations, those applicable to the advertising of alcohol tasting, giveaways of alcohol or other giveaways as a reward for the purchase of alcohol;
- Include all applicable required or recommended disclaimers, notices and warnings;
- And List your permanent address if required by local law.You must ensure that your alcohol adverts never: Include content (including but not limited to celebrities, characters, imagery or the depiction of situations) that is intended to appeal to anyone younger than the permissible targeted age group or is otherwise associated with youth culture (this could include, by way of example only, implying that the consumption of alcoholic beverages is fashionable or the accepted course of behaviour for those who are underage);
- Portray or be targeted at pregnant or nursing women; Contain advert creative that includes any person that is or appears to be under the age of 25 or is otherwise suggestive of the presence of anyone younger than the permissible targeted age group;
- Be untruthful or misleading about alcoholic beverages, their use, effects or properties;
- Portray people consuming or encourage people to consume alcohol rapidly, in excess or irresponsibly;
- Portray abstinence from alcohol consumption or moderate alcohol consumption negatively;
- Portray or promote intoxication or make references to the intoxicating effects of alcohol;
- Portray the strength of the alcoholic beverage being advertised as a positive property;
- Portray the consumption of alcoholic beverages as causing or contributing to the achievement of personal, business, social, sporting, sexual or other success;
- Portray alcoholic drinks as being healthy, offering medical or therapeutic benefits, aiding relaxation, alleviating individual or collective problems or having other benefits;
- Associate the operation of any vehicle or engagement in any sport or potentially hazardous activity as having taken place during or after the consumption of alcohol;
- Associate violent, dangerous or antisocial behaviour with the consumption of alcohol;
- Advertise any beverage with more than 22% alcohol by volume if targeted to users in Finland; or
- Advertise any alcoholic beverage other than beer if targeted to users in Poland. It is recommended that all alcohol adverts contain text that promotes drinking responsibly (for example "Drink responsibly", "Drink smart" or other similar text customarily used in the targeted market).
Copyrights and trademarks
- Adverts cannot include any content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right.
- The advertiser must have intellectual property rights to the creative and be permitted to display such creative as advertising on the InvolveAll Site.
Adverts cannot contain, facilitate or promote 'spam' or other advertising or marketing content that violates applicable laws, regulations or industry standards.
Adverts cannot offer incentives to viewers for clicking on the advert, for submitting Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone number, national insurance number, physical addresses or email addresses) or for performing any other tasks.
Adverts must not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads, whether initiated automatically or manually by the user, or other auto-initiated downloads.
Adverts cannot contain or link to a site that facilitates or promotes:
- Collection of demographic and usage information from a user's computer without the user's express consent;
- Collection or request of InvolveAll usernames or passwords from any user;
- Proxying InvolveAll usernames or passwords for the purpose of automating logins to the InvolveAll site;
Any software that results in an unexpected user experience, including but not limited to software which (i) "sneaks" onto a user's system and performs activities hidden to the user, (ii) may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on user's computer without express permission from the user, (iii) is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for a fee, (iv) automatically downloads without InvolveAll's express prior approval, (v) presents any download dialogue boxes without a user's express action, or (vi) may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.